Wednesday, October 1, 2008

HANGING AT SOUTH PADRE ISLAND


I took with me host Scott Christopher, accomplished musician and sound mixer Gerald Hartley my lovely wife Stephanie and I to South Padre Island last week.  I will have more pictures and videos as I get editing.  We started a new ad campaign called "There's An Island In Texas", which will encourage people to come to South Padre Island, Texas.  Many people don't even know there is an island in Texas.  Though some thought SPI was hurt by the hurricane, when in reality, it landed about 300 miles north.  So almost nothing happened.  We filmed for about 8 days, with Host Scott going from place to place meeting the people who make the island happen.  It is also where I grew up (born in Virginia, moved to South Texas at 10).  Here is a shot of me with Gerald on camera, following me into the house I used to live in.  It was a little sentimental for me because it is where the seeds of my filmmaking began.  I made my first movie when I was 11 in this house.  

No comments: