Monday, January 12, 2009

THE LAST EAGLE SCOUT AUDITIONS... Whew!

Saturday was the third, and possibly final, day of auditions for The Last Eagle Scout.  I will do probably some one-on-ones for a while, but for now, we pulled from a really good crop of talent from numerous agencies that worked well with me, such as Knightstar (thanks Liz), TMG (thanks Vicki), Craze, Focus, McCarty as well as some independents.

There is some great talent out there, I feel, just waiting for some kind of role or roles for them to be a part of.  Saturday alone, Danna Tanner and I waded through nearly 60 people all day long.  I tried to spend time having each read a full scene or two, and mostly pairing up with other people to see how they looked, reacted, etc. 

Danna was especially awesome because, if it wasn't for her, I would have been a wreck. Constantly, there were at least 8 to 12 people in the lobby waiting to read.  So big thanks to Danna and to those who waited for possibly hours to come and read.

Danna had worked with me nearly 20 years ago on a short film called "Three Marbles" which I shared credit with others as my student film.  So it has been nearly 20 years.  I forgot how efficient she was (all that ADD being put to good use).  

No comments: