Monday, January 26, 2009

LDS FILM FESTIVAL - CASTING

As the LDS Film Festival ends, it was amazing to see the evolution of LDS Cinema and where it looks like it is going.  It was fun to see good projects like "Food Boy" and Rob Diamond's "Once Upon a Summer".  I hope all filmmakers can successfully get their films distributed and can move on to other projects.  

As for me, other then the fun we had with the 24 HR Film Competition (which we were disqualified, because I had gone past the limited 5 people per project rule, my fault) I had nothing to offer this year.  I spent the whole festival searching for actors on my next project.  We also watched some of the actors that I tested during the auditions in other roles.  It was pretty inspiring.  

My wife, Stephanie, producer Danna and my son Parke  and I all walked away from watching 20 films, inspired and challenged with the film we are about to produce.  I wish I could explain it, but time will have to tell on that one.

No comments: