Tuesday, October 6, 2009

SLOWLY, BUT SURELY


That's what I remember always hearing when I was a kid. My mom would say that when I would complain about something not getting done fast enough. If I wanted to make fresh baked cookies, if I wanted Christmas to come, if I wanted to learn to drive, date or make money. It was always "slowly, but surely". And there's no coincidence that my mom's name is Shirley.

Anyway, I digress. I am finally back into the editing of the film. I have cranked out a few scenes and I'm part of the way there. I am trying to be open minded to how the film is going to look and feel, knowing good and well that it won't be exactly how I imagine. In many cases, it is actually better. And I can see cutting things out that don't belong that I wish could keep. But my audience makes the final decision. In all reality, the editing can't go fast enough. I love what I am cutting and want to see more... NOW!

The artwork above is a temporary poster that we are putting everywhere. Dan Hollister put it together, he has done a great job with all that we have done. The "Be Prepared" he added seems to have a double meaning in the film. Kinda cool.

There is some interest starting to draw, of which I will not make public at this time. I want to say that this film can be big, especially of it's topical nature, but I also shouldn't say that. I have been let down before. So I am going to be more realistic this time around, but with my heart hoping for more.

We still have some miniature effects and close ups to shoot, but all in all, we are 99 percent there. We will also be shooting some promotional still shots soon. I am going to have fun with that. I better get them soon or my cast is going to grow a foot taller.

Will keep you updated soon, those 3 or 4 of you who actually read this post.

2 comments:

Julie said...

If you need someone to watch what you've done so far you know my number! hint hint!!!

peterson family said...

Woohoo!
The poster looks great.
Go Kels!

Alan and Nancy Peterson