Wednesday, December 7, 2011

THANKSGIVING AND BEYOND...


Just so you know, I might be moving my blogspot to another name.  Not yet, but I will let this blog know.  I am trying to find a simpler way to make blogs from my iPad and this account seems to be problematic in hooking up with my e-mail. It's complicated.  

Anyway, just got back from Vegas (over a week ago).  My mother went home for the week from her cancer treatment center in Phoenix for Thanksgiving.  My dad, who I think can't live without mom, was missing her. So Steph and I drove down to see both my sisters and my parents. It was warm (it's 30 for a high now in Utah... winter has arrived). 

It was a wonderful time.  My mom looked great.  She continued to watch what she ate, even during Thanksgiving.  My sister Connie, who made the whole meal, made a dish just for her.  I am proud of my mom for taking the steps she needs.  I sit and think if Steph or I was diagnosed, I don't know if I could change the eating habit, but I would certainly not take chemo. 

I then got to see my sister Pam for a bit.  Her son, who has autism, is a good kid.  And one thing he has done well is play the drums.  So she got him a drum set for Christmas.  I had fun putting that together and playing on them for a short while.


Steph, my dad and I took a little road trip down to Hover Dam to see the new bridge they built.  I remember taking trips passing the dam.  It took forever because the road was a single lane.  There is now two ways to get through the dam and the engineering is remarkable. 

Now that I am home, business is on.  Steph and I are remodeling part of our home.  I have totally repainted the bed room we are moving into.  We moved Stephanie's girls around, giving them their own room. So we took their room and repainted it totally.  It looks great and nice to see what can be done.  I just wish I had more time to get it done faster.  I don't like living in the middle of messes. 

The Last Eagle Scout is almost done.  Just got a few effect shots today and waiting on the music.  Oh, these artists... they work on their own time (I know, I am just as guilty).  Hoping to make the first showing at the LDS Film Festival.  Then, on to other places (LA, Washington DC, Dallas to name a few).  We shall see.  I am eagerly writing a sequel. 

No comments: