Sunday, April 28, 2013

Think and Grow Rich/Instant Motivator-FAITH




This principle can seem a little redundant, but it all relies on this. This first principle we talked about earlier, burning desire, is where the seed is planted. Faith is where the first jump or leap is taken from that burning desire.

Many may have had burning desires for years and years, but never move. I have seen for years, in my profession, people coming to me with a burning desire to make a film. I know, I've been there. I've dreamed, I've researched, I've talked, I've written, but I could never get past that threshold of action, mostly because I didn't have real faith.

Faith itself, is usually a belief, whether it be religious or otherwise. But it's not real faith unless action is attached. Consider faith a verb. If no action is involved, it is merely hope. This concept can be religious as well. The Bible talks of faith the size of a mustard seed moving mountains. The Book of Mormon even talks of faith "starting as a little seed" and then growing inside of you toward becoming a "perfect knowledge".

Napoleon Hill talks about faith being a state of mind that may be induced by affirmations or repeated instructions to the subconscious mind.

Earl Nightingale says that if you get a mental image of yourself in whatever position you wish to be in over and over again, you can muster the faith you need.

As a personal note, I must say, this really works. Find daily habits that help you remind yourself of where you need to be. Say to yourself daily who you really are and where you want be in life. If you feel you have really done the work you need to get where you want to be, then your faith should kick in. This leads into the scripture "faith, without works, is dead".

- POSTED BY KELS GOODMAN

No comments: