Monday, April 15, 2013

BURNING DESIRE




In the audio recording of "Think and Grow Rich: Instant Motivator", Earl Nightingale starts with the first principle of Napoleon Hill's book, known as burning desire.

If a person is actually ready to change things in his life, he would be a changed man after reading this book. But the emphasis is on "ready to change". Earl states that "a burning desire is nothing more than an actual picture of what you will one day become".

If you have nothing to look to, then you really have no desire. Anyone who wants something can get it if he wants it badly enough. Recently, I followed a friend on Facebook who took the same leap of faith I just took by leaving his job and going out on his own, pushing his recording company. It is fun to read his posts, almost daily, because you can feel his "burning desire" in his words. You can tell he "felt it", and is ready to make things happen.

Earl goes on to say that if you go after something cautiously, timidly, you don't have a burning desire at all. Not that you go nuts and put your family and faith at risk, but you simply get off of first base and run to second. Obviously, I include The Lord in these decisions. But I think The Lord only wants you to succeed, when you in the right frame of mind. The parable of the talents is a perfect example.

The other thing, I've added myself, is depending on what it is you desire (and remember, it may not always be money), you have to let go any issues you have with achieving the goal. If you put down others for having what it is you truly desire, don't expect it yourself. Thus, causing you to wallow in your own worry or even jealousy. If you desire more money, don't protest the other guy who has more than you. Let yourself go of these jealousies and even celebrate their achievements. I used to be jealous of others, mostly those who I mentored in my field, only to watch them pass me up in success. But when I learned to let go and realize that all our successes are different, I started to change my thinking, and eventually, realize I was successful in my own right, with more to come.

Will it Blend, for example, I could never really deem that a "cinematic masterpiece achievement", but in viewership on YouTube, I could boast more views than all my friends put together. Over 300 million. My desire is to go to the next level, and celebrate success like that of my peers.

So if you have a burning desire to move on something that has been tugging at you, move on with it and never look back. Now is the time.


- POSTED BY KELS GOODMAN

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I needed that!

Anonymous said...

Amen.
It is such a fulfilling feeling knowing that you are pursing something that you desire with all your sleepless nights. While moving forward, it's always good to look over your shoulder to reassure that you are farther now than where you once were. Cessation is not an option.