Wednesday, December 9, 2009

BEEN BUSY...


Yup! Trying to get everything done! That's why those 2 or 3 of you who actually read this blog haven't heard form me for a while. I am sure I am not the only one. But right now I am preparing a website that will show a bunch of photos and information on The Last Eagle Scout.

You see here a sample poster that I simply built in Word. It has already changed and it will not say "from the guy who did Will it Blend". That is for this blog only. (Plus, I was only fooling around).

I have passed everything over to "the professionals" (i.e. Ray) to get the ball rolling. I also have our ever-faithful grip (from the production) Holly Tucker on the prowl to assemble the film. She will have a rough cut hopefully by Christmas. Then after the holiday, Dan Hollister, Danna Tanner and I will go in and make the adjustments and add the effects, etc.

Clark Shaffer is now building the miniature buildings that we are going to explode in a few weeks (excited about that). I have ordered After Effects to take care of some of the smaller effects. I hope to have a full cut by February. We shall see...

Then, we will look at doing some test showings in March or so in places that know nothing about the film (thinking of Denver and Dallas for starters). I remember sitting through a test screening of The Work and The Glory in Richmond, Va. and learned a lot from that experience.

I am putting off release till September, for several reasons. The main reason is that release of an independent film is best in the winter (Jan-March) and the fall (late August-October). I am still hoping for a decent distribution deal from someone, but I hear that times have changed since I released Handcart 8 years ago. The days of making a film, getting it into a film festival and getting picked up are not at fruitful. The internet has much to do with that. So I must take my skills of producing the most successful ad campaign on the internet (Will it Blend) and use them on this film.

No comments: