Monday, December 28, 2009

Holiday/End of the year.



We had a wonderful holiday. Blending two families, especially with the different age ranges, is always a chore, and we usually have to keep the events fairly separate. But in this case, we decided that instead of opening a ton of presents, our present would be doing something different. I have never been snowmobiling before (I am usually a sunny, beach person, myself... I hate the snow).

We went to the Homestead for a few days. On Christmas morning, Santa showed up with snow clothes, just in time for us to be able to protect ourselves from the 0 degree weather we experienced while snowmobiling at 10,000 feet at Daniel's Summit Lodge. What a great experience. We rode about 25 miles in. Parke and Forrest were in front, Stephanie was in the middle with her daughter, Kristina, and I took the caboose with Emily and Michael.

It was interesting being so high in such a cold state. It was like I was on another planet and I don't dare take off my gloves or helmet. Plus we were above the clouds and the wind was blowing the fresh snow along side the ground. Very alien!

I will have to say that Stephanie was a crazy driver. For never having ridden a snowmobile, she often surprises me with an animal inside. I, on the other hand, have been carrying a bad back for about 2 weeks now, thinking it would go away with a simple massage or two. In fact, the opposite has been happening. My whole right arm has been going numb. So as I drive the snowmobile up the hill, my arm continues to be in pain. Needless to say, I have had to spend my nights in the hot tub... doctors orders.

All in all, it was a very successful trip. The kids got along (as well as kids get along) and we learned to appreciate new things in life.

When I returned, my good friend, Alan Peterson, sent me this link. Another badge of honor for the very successful Ad campaign known as Will it Blend. We were awarded number 8 of a decade of famous viral videos from Salon Magazine. (I guess that's great coming from an organization that thinks that "Yes We Can" should be awarded number 1... what ever).



2 comments:

AJ said...

Sound's like you had a blast. Take care of yourself and follow the doctors orders.

oculardoc said...

Yes, I was reading your blog. It came up when I did a search for Last Eagle Scout. Didn't know you had one, but I'm glad I read it! Now I know about Steph's inner crazy driver coming out on the snowmobile. I didn't get to hear that part of the story. Hope your back and neck get better soon. I threw my back out on stage once, it was the initial few days with the chiropractor that were the hardest, it will improve I'm sure. You take care, and see you soon :)