Wednesday, December 30, 2009

YES... I'M RETARDED!


Ironically, this is a poster from my film, "The Last Eagle Scout". It hangs in the fictional school walls of Petty County High School (PCHS). It is a fake organization I created for the film that basically tells you what you can or can't eat, drink, dress, etc... all for you good. (Kind of an eerie foreshadowing of our possible health care take over).

But in this widely read blog, (that's all 3 of you) I will not be talking about the film, or the film business in this entry.

Ok, I am not SO retarded, but I do have neck and back problems that have accrued two weeks ago. Went to the chiropractor today and got results that state that my neck is out of alignment and I have a pinched nerve. That is why my back has been hurting for the last two weeks and my right arm has gone numb through Christmas.

I couldn't think of why this would happen, but then I was reminded that I was in a car wreck 3 and a half years ago and totaled Stephanie's car. (It needed to be totaled. What was funny was that I was switching cars with her at the time and told a friend as I got in to drive it that I should run it over a cliff and get her a new one... right before the accident!) I digress.

That is the only time we can pinpoint any "damage" done to my back. Three years of gradual decline in my neck has now caused me to go through therapy for the next... who knows how long.

I don't hate doctor's, I just hate the process of my life getting interrupted with "getting better". Just give me two aspirin and let me get back to work. I feel for those who have long term issues they have to deal with. It becomes a part of their life.

My mother just got diagnosed with ovarian cancer. So her life has to slow down and get that taken care of. She just finished a big operation that keeps her from doing things for about 5 weeks. I will be going down tomorrow to take my turn in taking care of the household.

My second ex-wife, Heather, had a rod inserted all up her back when she was a teenager. It always seemed slightly scary to me to see the remnant's of the surgery and a reminder of her limitations. What a trooper. I, myself, would probably have just voted for the pain and some medication, and let me be on my way.

But, for now, the pain on my back and deadening arm has forced me to succumb to the time for me to heal. I can't hardly play the drums! (At least there are no big concerts coming up yet.)

No comments: