Sunday, October 9, 2011

"Don't have a hernia about it!"

I remember as a kid saying that kind of dialogue, encouraging people to not worry about what ever they are worrying about.  Looks like I did that myself.  Eat my words.

I have been carrying a hernia about a year or more.  Not sure why.  I was going to the gym pretty regularly and lifting weights, could have been that.  Or, just the stress of having a merging family about the house (who I love very much).  In either case, I got it, and I needed to do something about it.

In this photo, I am noticing how lucky I was to have a dial that controls how warm it is in my crotch. A little air vent that puffs up my belly with warm air.  Plus, I think I was high as a kite in this photo and about to go out for an hour or so.  Didn't remember the operation at all.  Love that!

Now I am home recovering, trying to recoup all of my thoughts and on-line marketing as I prepare for the release of THE LAST EAGLE SCOUT.  The LDS Film Festival is around the corner (January 25-28) and that might be my release time.  Still making sure.  Waiting on music and effects.  And I am eager to start writing the sequel.  Or what ever film is in me.

As you can tell by my writing, I am high on the good stuff.  This is an excellent time to write, when I am high on medication.  I have been watching other films, getting inspired.

While this is going on, I now also have to worry about my mother.  Her tumor has grown bigger (ovarian cancer) and Connie (my sister) and I are feeling like mom has been lied to about cleaning out her cancer.  So we are going to do this naturally.

Let me back up.  I have been doing work with Robyn Oppenshaw, otherwise known as THE GREEN SMOOTHIE GIRL, on a few projects in cooperation with Blendtec.  She has a new one where she is dealing with healthy eating curing cancer.  She was looking for a few subjects who would go to one of these high run, natural cancer treatment centers.  I was able to get my mom on that list.  So in November, I will be spending a week with her (and camera in hand) and following what they do for her in helping cure her cancer.

Obviously, this will not be a cure-all, but I will say it will probably be much better then the crap she keeps getting with chemo.  That stuff is terrible.  This documentary will probably be controversial in that Robyn is on a mission to uncover the cancer epidemic.

I will keep updating on this blog what I see.  But as for my mother, this journey is now personal.

No comments: