Friday, November 4, 2011

Phoenix with my Mom

Kind of a long day.  Today is the start of a new journey for my mother.  She has been fighting cancer for the past two years and made a turn around that was basically timely.  I am still working on the whole story, but here is the scoop:

I have been doing a TV Pilot show for the Green Smoothie Girl, Robyn Openshaw.  While in post now, (which I am looking for a good voice over talent to cover) Robyn came to me about a new documentary about the effect on cancer while eating raw foods.  She started meeting with these cancer treatment centers that fight cancer naturally in hopes of getting to the meat of the problem.

All at the same time, my mother has been doing chemo for the past two years with little or no results.  Actually, she was told her numbers were good at one time, then told she was going to have to get used to it for the rest of her life.  Then, she heard the doctor accidentally talk about medicine that would be given to a younger patient.  She confronted the doctor and they had no answer.  In other words, there was rationing going on. (Like I said, still piecing the story together).

Now my mother has had enough and is going to take Robyn up on her challenge to meet with the place called An Oasis of Healing in Phoenix.  I decided to be a part of this documentary on my own merit.  I flew to Vegas this morning and then drove down to Phoenix with my mother and we are now in a condo. My mom will be here for about a month, with no idea what she is getting into.  I will be here for a week as well as Robyn, filming and researching.  I also brought the editing system down with me to see if I can finish The Green Smoothie Girl Makeover TV Pilot while I am in the mind-set (Blendtec has been keeping me busy.  A new blender is on the way.  Will be for another Blog post).

So I will keep this blog updated on the events of the day.  I have shot a little video so far, mostly of myself on the iPhone talking about the drive down.

No comments: