Wednesday, January 27, 2010

2010 LDS FILM FESTIVAL


Steph and I spent hours watching films and visiting with friends from years past. If I had more time, I would give all the details, maybe I will soon. But for now, just letting you know, it was great to see everyone and talk about their projects. It was also great to see the desire of "young bucks" step up to the plate and make films, using the latest technology. I think as long as the technology doesn't lose way to story telling, I have been guilty of that very thing.

Christian Vuissa performed well, as usual, as master of ceremonies and keeping people satisfied and desiring more. It was too bad we couldn't have The Last Eagle Scout done to show, even a rough cut. But I was able to speak about the film in a forum and show the preview and get feed back. Most people were stunned (either that, or pissed). BTW, I am already getting hate male for the type of film I am making. That's a great sign.

No comments: