Sunday, January 17, 2010

SEALED TO MY LADY


It has been three years waiting, but we finally received our permission from the First Presidency to be sealed. So we gathered with family and friends to make that a reality.

For those of you who aren't part of my religion, this is part of the eternal plan, we believe our marriage to not end at death. But it is not easy to just walk in and do it. A sealing is a life-long commitment and beyond.

I was very tired that day. First, the day before, I participated in a 24 hour film festival competition where we write, shoot and edit a short film in 24 hrs. I had come home at 7 am that morning from working on the project. The sealing wasn't taking place till 2:30. So I thought I would get some sleep... that didn't happen. I had too much to do, and the busy body that I am, I couldn't sit down.

We had a potluck afterwards with many others. It was a wonderful evening and plus it was a time for us to reflect upon how many friends we actually have.

For now, my back and arm still hurt. I am working on getting feeling back in my arm. It has been numb because I have a pinched nerve on my neck and I am trying to work it back into place. I think I am getting old.... well, not too old.

1 comment:

Tom said...

Kels,

Congrats! Glad to see this happen.

Tom