Wednesday, January 20, 2010

LDS FILM FESTIVAL 2010 STARTS


Again, every time this year, we get to spend 4 luxurious days and nights at the Scera theater and watch new material from the LDS community. It is usually pretty exciting mostly because I get to meet with a lot of good friends, some I haven't worked with in a while (mostly because of my job).

I like to see what they are doing. But Stephanie has been more of the social nut then me. She actually keeps up with them more than I do. That is probably why she has almost 800 people on Facebook, twice more then me. That's OK.

Also during this time, we participate in the 24 hr competition. Christian Vuissa, the organizer of the festival, hands us a theme, a line of dialogue, and a prop... and a three minute limit, all in 24 hrs. I notice a lot of my long time friends don't participate. I think they feel they are just too good because it is more for people getting into the biz. Or maybe they are just too busy. Or maybe, they don't like to stay up all night (like I just did... ugh).

Either way, hypocritically, I will probably stop doing them myself as well. I guess working at Blendtec, I can get a little "creatively cramped". You can only get so creative producing blender videos. So I feel like I gotta do something.

Plus, my son and wife look forward to it every year. This will be our 4th year as a family, my 5th in attending. BTW, I will be speaking at one of the presentations. Friday at noon. I will be talking about marketing (Will it Blend) and the latest project (The Last Eagle Scout). Good times! I will probably video tape it and you can get a good laugh later.

No comments: