Monday, January 23, 2012

The Last Eagle Scout: The First Showing

The LDS Film Festival is quickly approaching and I am "almost" ready to show THE LAST EAGLE SCOUT. It's kind of funny. Today I was told by my sound mixer that I will get the last reel of audio mix on Thursday night... the showing is Friday night. So needless to say, I am a little scared.

I had a flashback of the first showing of HANDCART, one of my earlier films I did about 10 years ago. I showed an incomplete film on Pioneer Day, which is when I originally wanted to release the film. So I think the audience was disappointed. I still remember an "unrendered" shot appearing on the big screen and thinking "man I should have just waited."

Now, for TLES, I have waited, instead of rushing a film to the big screen just because of a date of significance. But I think I have waited too long on this one. And now that I am ready for this first showing, at least I have pushed my post crew to "get'r done".

This showing is not actually a "premiere" of the film. That will happen the Wednesday or Thursday before releasing to some theaters. I just wanted to have the festival be a beginning date to start with.

I am excited because I will use that festival date to kick off the merchandise I will be selling on the film. I want to practice making money in other ways with the film. I find marketing fun. I've got shirts, hats, a backpack, all with our logo. I am also excited about the comic book version of the film. That was very cool to see.

So we have a showing this Friday and Saturday. Then off to CPAC in Washington DC, very interested in seeing that.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

Tom said...

Kels, I'll be there with my wife. Looking forward to it!

Tom said...

Great movie! Loved it! I hope you post something on your blog when it will run in theaters.

If you want to redo the gun effects, let me know. We can go shooting and you can record the sounds of my guns.

Kels Goodman said...

Great to see you there and to meet your wife. YES we will be redoing the gun effects as well as a ton more.