Monday, January 9, 2012

Why am I so busy!!!




It's all good stuff. In fact, it's pretty exciting. Right now, I am finally getting special effect shots from my friend Bruce Holt for THE LAST EAGLE SCOUT, barely making in time for the LDS Film Festival... barely. And same with the music and final sound mix... A little on pins and needles to finishing this film. But I finally have some faith (that is if Christian doesn't take me out of the program before hand.)

Then there is the LDS Film Festival itself... I am on the committee and I continue to gather sponsors and organize. It's kind of fun actually.

On top of that, I am producing 3 music videos with Jeremy Hoop, who has provided music for the film. Those will be pretty cool and I hope to have them playing by the time the festival starts.

Also, we are starting an on-line store called "The Trading Post" on the website where we will sell TLES goods (hats, shirts, a backpack) all saying "I've seen The Last Eagle Scout". Plus, I finally saw renditions of the comic book and I was really excited. It's neat to see my work in another rendition.

Now on to Blendtec. Even though I would love walk away from Blendtec and just make movies, I have realized that I have built something long lasting there where I can't see myself leaving anytime soon. I have earned some ownership in the company now. Plus, so many new things coming up, I am very lucky to have gotten that job over 6 years ago. Amazing to think I have been there this long.

I will be going to New York to film a smoothie shop right there in Penn Station, where the busiest blenders are hard at work. Supposedly, they make 3000 smoothies a day down there and have had good experiences. So we will be filming a personal interest video there, watching our blender in action. Plus, around the same time, we were nominated for some award for best new product (Twister Jar). So I might be going to that event in New York at the same time.

Then, I have heard that the TV show "The Office" will be featuring a new character who is real anal, and this character will always be making whole foods in a blender there at the office... and guess which blender they are featuring? Need I say more. I heard we are on another show, but can't remember which.

Who would think I would have this much fun and receive this much recognition from a blender company. Good times.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: